Thursday, March 15, 2012

Writing

Writing for me is so much about inspiration and drive.  Whenever I feel "bottled up", suddenly it all needs to come out, hence the desire to write.  However, I should take these signs of intense writing as a sign that something is not quite right.  Going through the program and the spiritual path is to lead the exact opposite of that -- to speak honestly and truthfully.  Not to bottle.

So, this is why no writing lately.  The thing of it is, though, I know myself.  When I become too complacent I stop growing.  Complacency is (one of) my worst enemies.  When talking with Erin I was telling her how different our lives of now.  We've worked really hard to get to where we are, and, I want to know and remember to not take this all for granted.  How it can be taken away in a moment.  This means enjoying the life we have built, but also not resting on my laurels.  To continue to work, to strive, to walk the spiritual path.  Maybe not the strides I want to take, but strides none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment